POETS IN THE MUSEUM

It has been a dream of mine for years to be an exhibit in a museum as a poet. To take up the space reserved generally for the visual arts.

Tomorrow begins my first experience building (Soma)tic poetry rituals and writing in the museum. For one week I will be throwing my body into the poems.

The artist Jason Dodge named his new show at MACRO after a line from my poem "CAMISADO," in my new book AMANDA PARADISE (Wave Books).

When I enter the museum in Rome tomorrow, I will not step out again for a week. What is most exciting is that I have no idea yet what the rituals will look like.

Many thanks to Jason Dodge, and to everyone at MACRO for this opportunity. Thank you also to the poet Brenda Hillman for the special crystal for these rituals. 

From December 11 to the 16
Details at THIS LINK
If you are in Rome PLEASE JOIN ME in making rituals and writing poems!